ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
The BBC logo, We Make Your Dream Home Come True and other insignia contained on this site are wholly owned trademarks or servicemarks of RMG and may not be used without written permission.
Other trademarks, brands and servicemarks appearing on this site are the property of their respective owners.
BBC MORTGAGE BANKERS PRIVACY NOTICE
What Personal Information About Customers Does BBC Mortgage Bankers Obtain?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your experience at BBCMortgage.com. The types of information we obtain is as follows:
* Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose to omit certain information, but you might not be able to use many of the BBCMortgage.com features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our service, and communicating with you.
* Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses BBCMortgage.com. Various companies offer utilities designed to help you visit Web sites anonymously. Although we will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience at BBCMortgage.com if we cannot recognize you, we want you to know these tools exist.
* E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from BBCMortgage.com if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please let us know.
* Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
What Are Cookies?
* Cookies are identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features.
* The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of BBCMortgage.com's features, and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
Does BBC Mortgage Bankers Share Information About You?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we do not sell it to others. We share customer information only as described below and with subdivisions of BBC Mortgage Bankers. These divisions are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
* Agents: We employ other businesses and individuals to complete tasks for BBC Mortgage Bankers. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
* Promotional Offers: At this time BBC Mortgage Bankers has no plans to produce promotional offers and will not use your information for this purpose either in-house or in conjunction with other companies. This clause is subject to change at any time at the sole discretion of BBC Mortgage Bankers.
* Protection of BBC Mortgage Bankers and Others: We release account and other personal information when we think it is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of BBC Mortgage Bankers, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Of course, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
* Business Transfers: As our business grows, we might sell or buy interest in vendors, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, you consent otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that BBC Mortgage Bankers, Inc., or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
* With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is My Information?
* We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
* It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to any passwords and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer. If you visit a library or are using a computer which has multiple users, please remember to close your session by properly logging out. Then close the browser.
What Information Can I Access?
BBC Mortgage Bankers gives you access to information about your account and your interactions with BBC Mortgage Bankers for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
What Choices Exist For Providing Information?
* If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us you may opt out of such transmissions, however, if you do not want to receive Conditions of Use and other legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of BBC Mortgage Bankers, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.
Important Notice Regarding Children
BBC Mortgage Bankers does not sell products or relate information of interest to or for purchase by children.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit BBCMortgage.com, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the state of North Carolina. If you have any concern about privacy at BBCMortgage.com, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve the issue.
Since BBCMortgage.com may change, our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use may also change. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our Web site to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you.
Information You Provide
You provide most such information when you interact with BBCMortgage.com. You might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers; e-mail addresses of other people; and financial information, including personal identifiers.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources may include delivery and address information; account information; search term and search result information from some searches conducted through search features; and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud.
Information You Can Access
The information accessible may include up-to-date information regarding personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, communications and preferences); and e-mail notification settings.
This concludes our Privacy Notice, amended April 20, 2005.
We're BBC Mortgage Bankers. Your private mortgage banker.
Information is accurate as of date of posting and is subject to change without notice. Equal Housing Lender.
Serving ALL North Carolina.